India hands over another Mumbai dossier to Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: India has handed Pakistan more information about the deadly Mumbai attacks ahead of the first anniversary of the carnage that killed 166 people, Islamabad said on Wednesday.
‘The dossier was handed over to our high commission in New Delhi by the Indian ministry of external affairs,’ Pakistan’s foreign ministry said.
India and Washington blamed the November 26-29 siege on Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and the attacks stalled a fragile four-year peace process between the two south Asian rivals.
‘Arrangements have been made for the receipt of the dossier in Islamabad,’ Pakistan’s foreign ministry said.
The ministry gave no details on the contents of the file, which it said would be forwarded to the interior ministry ‘for examination’.
New Delhi has put pressure on Islamabad to speed up its investigations into those who carried out the attacks.
Pakistan has put on trial seven suspects accused by India of involvement in last year’s attacks, but Interior Minister Rehman Malik has repeatedly asked India to provide more information to bring the perpetrators to justice.
India had previously provided four dossiers to Islamabad with information relating to suspects and the logistics of how 10 heavily armed gunmen targeted luxury hotels, Mumbai’s main train station, a restaurant and a Jewish centre.
Those in custody in Pakistan include alleged mastermind Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and alleged key LeT operative Zarar Shah.
India has put on trial Pakistan’s Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the sole surviving gunman of the attacks, who made a dramatic confession. —AFP